MATH 484 - Nonlinear Programming
Instructor: Bernard Lidický
Office: 222 Illini Hall
Phone: (217) 244-1493
email: lidicky -at- illinois.edu
Where: room 345, Altgeld Hall
When: 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM MWF
Final exam: 8:00-11:00 AM, Friday, December 20 2013
Office hours: 12:00 - 12:50 PM MWF + by appointment at any other time
Info from department
Plan from department
Lecture log (includes programs from lectures)
Emergency recommendations I
Emergency recommendations II
- HW #1 due to Sep 4, 11 am
- HW #2 due to Sep 11, 11 am
- HW #3 due to Sep 18, 11 am (minor update)
- HW #4 due to Sep 25, 11 am
- HW #5 due to Oct 2, 11 am
- HW #6 due to Oct 9, 11 am (minor update)
- HW #7 due to Oct 16, 11 am
- HW #8 due to Oct 23, 11 am Got 0 points? Fix your work bring for reevaluation.
- HW #9 due to Oct 30, 11 am
- HW #10 due to Nov 13, 11 am
- HW #11 due to Nov 20, 11 am (minor update)
- HW #12 due to Dec 2, 11 am (MONDAY!)
- Midterm 1
- Midterm 2
- Midterm 3
- List of definitions and theorems for the exam
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 6-9 pm, 145 Altgeld Hall
- Review session Tuesday December 3, 5-6 pm 143 Altgeld Hall
- covers chapters 5.4,6.1,6.2,6.3,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4,3.5
- Final Exam
- There will be 3 classes dropped because of the evening exams.
- Nov 22
- Dec 4
- Dec 6
- No laptops for updating Facebook status during the class.
- You are more than welcome to use computer tools for verifying your homework.
However, such solutions will not be accepted unless explicitly stated.
(Of course, if you need to invert a big matrix in your HW as a step in your solution, using a
calculator is fine if you wish. But if you are asked to invert a matrix, then using calculator
is not OK.)
Please do not hesitate to ask questions and give suggestions how to improve the course.
The course is here for YOU!