MATH 413 - Introduction to Combinatorics
Instructor: Bernard Lidický
Office: 222 Illini Hall
Phone: (217) 244-1493
email: lidicky -at- illinois.edu
Section: C13, C14
Where: room 445, Altgeld Hall
When: 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM, MWF
Final exam: 8:00 - 11:00 AM, Tuesday, May 8 2012
Office hours: 11:00 - 12:00 PM MWF + by appointment at any other time
You may also be lucky and catch me at different time.
Info from department
Plan from department
I see a mistake! - I write an email to the instructor! any typo on wrong answer on HW or exam - please
- HW #1 due to Feb 1, 10am (before class)
- HW #2 due to Feb 8, 10am (before class)
- HW #3 due to Feb 15, 10am (before class)
- HW #4 due to Feb 29, 10am (before class)
- HW #5 due to Mar 7, 10am (before class)
- HW #6 due to Mar 14, 10am (before class)
- HW #7 due to Apr 6, 10am (before class)
- HW #8 due to Apr 13, 10am (strictly before class)
- HW #9 due to Apr 18, 10am (strictly before class)
- HW #10 due to Apr 25, 10am (strictly before class)
- HOURLY EXAMS: are planed Feb 17, Mar 16 and Apr 27.
- Homework results are be available on the department webpage under Courses and Score reports.
- In case that your score on your list and in the system do not match, please let me know so I can correct
- If you bring HW after deadline (max 24hrs late), you will get at most 50% of regular score (and stricter grading as a free bonus).
- If you cannot particiapte in the class, you can bring it to the mail room and leave it in my slot.
- Exam 1
- Exam 2
- From binomial theorem to permutations with forbidden positions (closed interval)
- Checking exercises in the book and in previous homework is a good idea.
- Sample version
- Real version
- Exam 3
- You may collaborate on solving the homework. However, every student is required to write
the solution (her/him)self and give credit to collaborators (if any).
Please do not hesitate to ask questions and give suggestions how to improve the course.
The course is here for YOU!